From time immemorial, Education remains the major industry for Imesi-Ile committee.
- In 1900–Education started in Imesi-Ile with the introduction of the primary school(Methodist primary school, Otapete).
- In 1956–First secondary school (Methodist High school, now Imesi-Ile High school)started
- In 1961– A secondary Modern School(now Commercial Grammar School)started
- In 1983–A Grade Two Teachers Training, college started
- In 2013–The polytechnic, Imesi-Ile was established by the entire community and approved as a Government and private Institution by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) ON 12th July, 2013 to run three accredited courses – computer Engineering, Computer science and Elect/Elect Engineering with effect from 2013/2014 Academic Session. However, Business Administration and management has been accredited and added to the Institution’s programmes.
TAKING OVER BY THE CATHOLIC: ORDER OF ST. AUGUSTINE
IN 10/5/17–On May 10th 2017, The Polytechnic, Imesi-Ile was officially taken over by the Catholic Diocese of Osogbo. The Catholic Bishop of Osogbo, Most Rev. Dr. John Oyejola then handed the Institution to the Augustinian Friars who are now managing it. The name of the Polytechnic was changed to VILLANOVA POLYTECHNIC, IMESI-ILE with effect from 7th February, 2018 after Registration with corporate Affairs Commission.
TILL-DATE–Villanova Polytechnic Imesi-Ile has graduated three sets of students in the above accredited programmes. Meanwhile, efforts are on to add more ND and HND courses/programmes. The school is open for qualified and willing students, who have related 5 credits in their areas of interest, have scored at least 120 in the last UTME and ready to humbly follow the school rules and regulations.
- No strike or unnecessary break in academic calendar.
- No cultism: the Institution gives zero tolerance to cultism.
- Students are allowed to pay their school fees within the session.
- Students are followed up to master handwork for the future via EED Programme.
- No Religious exaggeration or fanaticism (peaceful compound)
- The environment is calm, serene and conducive for learning
- Affordable/cheap accommodation within the town and from the school authority.
- Conforms with NBTE rules and regulations.
- Morals, social, cultural and self-discipline/sacrifice are upheld.
- Qualified and professional lecturers and tutors are available.
- Rapid and immediate medical attention available in the school
- To be a role model in the provision of first class academic, professional entrepreneurial and self-reliant education to students by empowering them to make positive impacts on the technological and socio-economic development of Nigeria
- To promote academic excellence in an enabling environment and develop a Centre of Excellence in Engineering, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and in management of human and natural resources for self-reliant men and women
- To provide appropriate infrastructural facilities for real academic activities
- To improve accessibility to quality education through the provision of high quality academic professionals in order to enable individuals obtain employment career progression and international recognition
- To rank among leading technological institutions providing high ranking personnel for the need of Nigerians in particular and the world in general
- To put on the world map Villanova Polytechnic Imesi Ile by providing first class technical education that will meet the needs of the society thus making the polytechnic a choice institution.
- To project the aim of Villanova Polytechnic Imesi Ile community in establishing the institution with a view of keeping our legacy of giving Nigerians at home and in diaspora quality education in a conducive environment.
- To create a good and inspiring accessibility to a high quality education and employment through academic, professional, technological and vocational training and research based on honesty, integrity and hard work
- To produce knowledgeable and innovative graduates worthy in skill and character through effective teaching, learning and research for the technological development and advancement of Nigeria