OTUNBA ADEKANLA PETER SUNDAY
Otunba Adekanla Peter Sunday is a Chartered Administrator and Hansard/Verbatim Reporter. After his Primary and Modern Three Certificate, he studied for both Ordinary and Advance levels through the Rapid Result College Tutions London. He also studied through the Institute of Royal Society of Arts, London and Pitman Examinations Institute, London in Secretarial Administration (1967 – 1970). Between 1981 and 1982, he attended and graduated from The Administrative Staff College of Nigeria in Public Administration. Also in 1988, he attended an Advanced Management Course in the same College.
His wealth of working experience spread from
The Nigeria Bar Association – Ibadan (Law Clerk) 1965 – 1967,
UAC (Technical) Ltd (PA to GM) 1967 – 1970,
Yaba College of Technology (Confidential Secretary to the first Governing Council) 1970 – 1978 and then converted to full administration as follows –
- 1978 – 1981: – in charge of Junior Staff matters
- 1982 – 1986: – in charge of Senior Staff matters and Head of Establishment Department.
- 1986 – 1991: – Head of Students Affairs Unit (Welfare, Industrial/Placement, Sports, Accommodation, Students Government and Clubs/ Association etc
- 1991 – 1997: – Back to Establishment Department as HOD again.
- 1997 – 2002: – Head of Students Records Department (Statements of Results, Transcripts, confirmations etc)
As a Chartered Administrator, Otunba Adekanla is a
- Member – Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered)
- A/Member – Chartered Institute Personnel Management of Nigeria
- Member – Alumni Association Administrative Staff College of Nigeria.
He was also a member of Board of Governors of Lagos State Secondary Schools between 1989 – 1992 in addition to several other social appointments.
He has attended several seminars and workshops and also delivered several papers among which are:
- “Motivation as a Necessary Tool to Higher Productivity” 1982
- “The Functions of Student Affairs Officers in a University Polytechnic Set up” 1988
- Students Unrest: Causes, Effects and Solutions – “Focus on Yaba College of Technology” 1988
- “Conditions of Service as they affect Junior Staff in a Polytechnic Set up” 1993
- “Criteria for Promotion, Conversion and Confirmation in a Polytechnic Set up” 1993
- “History and Organizational Structure – Qualities and Duties of Clerical Staff/Office Assistants” 1999
Though Otunba was due for retirement in 2002, he was requested to stay behind for additional few years (on contract) to assist in the development of the Institution.
Being a rare gem of Polytechnic Administrator, he was also appointed in 2012 the Coordinator towards the Government Approval of this Institution under the name The Polytechnic, Imesi-Ile in 2013, now Villanova Polytechnic, Imesi-Ile. Though he returned at a professional cadre equivalent to Deputy Registrar, Otunba is not tired, hence his appointment as the incumbent Registrar of Villanova Polytechnic, Imesi-Ile.